Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Small problem...

Okay, so I really have only a few small problems at this moment. I am happy they are only small ones...I am dramatic, so small is good in my book. My life is happy, good marriage, good dog, good job. So, what are the problems? 1st...I have no freakin' idea about what to pack for MI. The weather there is like a high of 60 and sometimes a low of 30! Okay, I am in TX right now where the weather has already been in the 90's. I know I should just bring warm clothes, but it is summer. I was raised in TX. There are just certain shoes, pants, shirts, and socks that a girl is taught not to wear past Memorial Day. I know it is silly, but there is a part of me that just cringes at the thought of wearing cold weather clothes past this holiday. Plus, I know it will get warmer come July. So, I guess I have to pack two wardrobes for this gig. The biggest question right now is shoes. I love shoes. I have specific shoes that go with specific outfits and I don't like to change. I have to pack all the shoes I deam necessary, so how am I going to have enough room in my luggage for two necessary shoe wardrobes? I mean we are not just talking about rehearsal clothes/shoes. I have to bring evening wear for several functions, and again, b/c I am TX raised, repeating is really not an option if at all possible. Please Lord don't make me pay extra at the airport b/c my bags (that's right plural) are over 50 lbs. :)
Okay, problem numero due: Those of you who know me, know I am obsessed with my facial hair. I hate having a mustache or unplucked eyebrows. So, fine, I can always just pluck my eyebrows for eight weeks, but what about the stache?! I have been waxing my own stache since 8th grade! And, we aren't talkin' about microwaveable Sally Hansen crap. We are talking I have my own plug in wax warmer with the strips and after wax lotion. I can't bring it with me to MI! There is no way to travel on a plane w/o it going all over my stuff! My stache grows back something fierce after just 2 weeks. I think I am going to have to bleach it and then bite the bullet and pay someone money to wax it at least once while I am there. I know y'all think I am crazy, but a stache a woman is nicht so gut. I just hope someone in the Upper Peninsula of MI has even heard of facial waxing. I'm sure the women up there are more into biking, fishing, and hunting rather than facial waxing. I also won't have my car, so then I am at the mercy of a salon within walking distance or my fellow ROA's for a lift to rip off the stache.
So, I know my problems are small and meaningless, but what can I say, everything else is peachy. I have my music memorized, my plane ticket is bought, my rental car is reserved. What else could I think about besides clothes and waxing. Hopefully these are the only things I have to worry about for the next 2 days! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One rule of packing that most women miss: you can do laundry at a place other than your home. Pack lightly!

(Note: my wife is a darling exception to this rule. She makes me very happy for so many reasons...)

FancyPants said...

I love that you still wax your stache! And that you call it that. I hope your problem is solved easily. That does sound like you're in a bit of a pickle.

Not sure if you're still posting here, but wanted to drop by and say hi and I love ya.

FancyPants said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Seth Ward said...

So this is why my wife's bag has come near to tearing my arm right out its socket. I thought she was just smuggling gold bullion or some kind of just-add-water planet.