Thursday, November 16, 2006

Myspace blog, Aug. 31: Finally home...

So, I havent blogged in a while b/c my life has been turned upside down from moving to NY. I have officially been living her for almost two weeks, and I feel really comfortable with my new address. Alex and I had the most traumatic time moving into our apartment b/c of so many reasons. I was driving to NY from my friend Donalds house in MA while Alex was driving from IN to meet me at our apartment. Donald was following me, so he could help us move in and then leave a few days later. Well, some dumb piece of crap in the lane next to me decided to drive on the highway holding a mattress on top of his SUV with his hands. Of course he couldnt hold it, so it flew and hit my windshield. The mattress left my windshield bashed in, our roof dented and our luggage rack barely hanging on. Sylvie and I were fine, but the car wasnt drivable. I never got a plate from the guys car b/c he decided to pick up him mattress and drive on. Thats right, I had a hit and run with a mattress! We left the car in MA and Donald and I drove on to NY. We finally got to Astoria around 8:30 at night and met Alex. He however, had to go back to the toll bridge and give them money b/c he ran out of cash b/c of how expensive truck tolls are compared to car. When he got back, he went to the wrong bridge and got stuck in a cars only lane. Well, Alex was so pissed, he stared yelling profanity and the men responded by taking his keys b/c they thought he was suicidal! So, there is Alex on some bridge going to Manhattan in a Uhaul, stranded b/c they think he is going to drive off the bridge and kill himself. Luckily, they didnt believe he would actually do it and let him go. So at about 10:00 at night, Alex, Donald and I are just trying to get my mattress (ah the irony) into my apartment so we can sleep. Oh, did I mention I live on the 4th floor of a walk up. Thats right. We moved all our crap up 4 flights of stairs on that Monday. Thankfully, we had Donald there to help us. He and Alex did all the hard stuff and I am so thankful for his help. After everything was finally in the apartment, things started to look up. We slow but surely found places for all of our things and even threw a few things away. Sylvie has adjusted beautifully to the new surroundings. She hardly barks and even poops on the concrete like an urban dog! I interviewed with a temp agency and they sent me out the next day for a 2 week assignment! The best part is that I am working at Star Magazine. Thats right; the trashy magazine that always has Brad and Angelina or Jessica and Nick on the cover. In fact, I am there right now writing this blog. We love our apartment and neighborhood so much. It really does feel like home. Who knew I would like NY so much.

1 comment:

NYCMacUser said...

Welcome to Astoria. Have you visited http://www.astorians.com, yet?