Thursday, November 16, 2006

Myspace blog, June 18: I did what again?...

So, life is going really well in the ole UP of MI. We have successfully finished our 3 opera scenes concert, and are now rehearsing nonstop for the cabaret concerts coming up next week. I really think the cabaret is going to be great. It is so intimate, and I love the music they gave me, and wow is there a ton of it. Today was our day off and we had a blast at the beach. The weather was gorgeous, and being outside all day was such a gift. It was a perfect beach day, sunny, slightly windy, and in the 80s. The water was even nice. Nate and I had a blast hitting the volley ball back and forth until we could finally do it for over 50 volleys. I know we are total nerds, but we had to reach that goal before we could leave for the evening. Y'all know me and games.

So, now lets get to the shocker of the blog. So, Friday night I did something totally out of character. I am almost too ashamed to say it, and I cant believe I am going to put in writing for all y'all to read. Oh well, a girl has to live her life right? So, 7 of the ROAs and I went to the Houghton, MI Ramada Inn, and I decided to venture into normally avoided waters. I did the unspeakable act of...well here it goes...I witnessed...and participated in...KARAOKE! Thats right folks. Linsey not only went to it, but also sang in it! How crazy is that?! This wasnt just some backup track and a mic. Oh no, this was flashing colored light, a wireless mic (really only used by the local Karaoke stars, mine had a cord) and the TV screen with all the words. I told myself I wasnt going to sing, but of course I gave into the peer pressure surrounding me. I decided to start with something I have sung for years (not in a Karaoke setting), "Crazy" by Ms. Patsy Cline. It was so fun and brought back great memories...STETTES 94-95. All of my friends were so shocked and impressed by my country stylings. None of them really believed I wanted to a country singer when I was younger. Well, okay lets face it. I would still give up opera for a country career, even if it is only a month. Well, let me expand on that one. I would have to make millions in that month and then still earn royalties on that song until I died. I couldnt just sing in some seedy country bar with drunk hicks yelling at me all night for one month. A girl has to make one dream worth it to give up another. But I digress. So, then the Karaoke bug had stung and I had to sing another one. So, I picked a personal favorite of mine, "Grandpa" by The Judds. Thats right folks, Wynona and Naomi Judd of The Judds. It was so hilarious and great b/c I started singing and the locals all started dancing to the song. I loved it! HAHAHA. I have already decided my next song selection at our Karaoke night will be "Working 9 to 5" by Ms. Dolly Parton and by request from Ian (another ROA) "Walkin' After Midnight" by Ms. Patsy herself. At least now, if all else fails, I can feel good about myself b/c some man in Houghton, MI thinks I can "saaang real nice and have a real perdy voice."

Until later...

No comments: