Thursday, November 16, 2006

Myspace blog, Sept. 13: Another day, another...

So, have you ever felt so bored that you just want to scream and run around an office like a crazy woman? Well, that is how I feel right now! I am still working at my favorite tabloid mag, Star. I know, I said it was only a 2 week assignment. See, this is what happens to me. I go on a job, they think I am the usual uneducated moron…then wow they find out I can read/write and they offer me the job. Well, I turned it down. I know what y'all are thinking, why would she turn down a full time job. Simply b/c I don't feel like being someone's assistant and then leaving for my gig on Nov. 4, leaving a lot for auditions, and not really wanting to be responsible for their crap in between. Don't get me wrong, turning down a salary and health insurance is not an easy thing to do, but there will be other jobs to probably turn down in the future. So, they are basically taking their sweet time hiring someone to do the job they have pretty much trained me to do. The money is great for me so I won't complain. But, I am getting tired of being in the same place. One thing I love about temping is getting sick of one place and moving to another. You get to act useless at every new job you get. I love saying, I don't know how…I am only a temp. Well, I don't really say that, but they just assume I am a moron and give me nothing. When you stay in a place this long, you have to do things. Then they realize you can do a lot more, so they train you to do everything for them. I will say, however, being an Admin. Asst. is so much better than receptionist. I can go to lunch whenever I want, do things on the computer, without anyone knowing, a la writing this blog, whenever I want, and go the bathroom w/o having to call someone to take over the phone. It is quite humiliating to call someone every time you have to pee, and then I wonder if I am taking too long and they think I am doing something besides peeing. I know, who thinks like this, well, me. My first week here I got all these free tabloid mags to read like In Touch, Us weekly, OK, People, TV Guide, Life and Style and of course, STAR! Well, then they realized I was a temp, so the trash mag competitors don't come to my desk any more. But, I still get as many Stars as I want. I can read issues going all the way back to Jan. 2005. They are just sitting there at my disposal. So, if I want to know how Nick and Jessica's marriage broke up…I can read the entire journey from start to finish. Well, I have to pee, and the only people I have to tell are y'all. Ciao!

No comments: