Thursday, November 16, 2006

Myspace Blog, July 15: Time flies

So, I am sitting in my dorm room searching the internet and now blogging b/c I don't want to start packing to go home. I can't believe 7 weeks have already flown by so quickly. I wish I could bring all the people I love from here to my place of residence, so we don't have to stop hanging out. I have had such a great time with all these people, and the program was not only a learning experience, it was a blast! The stories and life experiences I have taken away from here can not be replaced. I love the idea of being old and telling my grandkids about the summer I spent in the UP of MI. How I had my first martini, sang Karaoke, actually drank a beer (yuck), went skinny dipping too many times at night in Lake Superior, and laughed until I had to force myself to go to bed before the sun can up. I really think life is precious and we shouldn't pass up opportunties to have a good time if they are safe and don't compromise who we are as people.
Even though, I want to take all these people back to the "real world" with me, I feel like it wouldn't be the same when you have "real" worries and "real" life going on. There are no more shows to stage and rehearse, no more steady pay checks for singing, and no more amazing and mystical MI. However, there is also a part of me that can't wait to share my "real" life with people b/c they missed out on the biggest part of all, my husband. I know the people I keep in contact with will love him and he will love them. One of the ROA's is moving to NY around the same time as we are, and we have already discussed hanging out together. I hope the other ROA's give me a ring when they are in NY so we can get together and laugh about the summer laughter.
Okay, enough sad thoughts...I have to pack.

No comments: