Thursday, November 16, 2006

Myspace blog, June 7: So I never thought...

Y'all are not going to believe what I have been doing for the past week now...YOGA! That's right, Lindsey is actually doing Yoga! One of the girls here (our Queen of the Night) was able to have her husband come along and he teaches yoga. So, every night we get to do free yoga from a real instructor! I really enjoy the yoga. It is so relaxing and I can feel my muscles becoming more flexible and strong. I even went to the local Walmart and bought myself a yoga mat. I feel so official.
Other than yoga, life has been good, fun, and pretty easy. There are only 12 of us in the ROA program, so there is only so much one can do in a day. We don't ever have to sing chorus for other shows, so our days have been filled with getting ready for our scenes program this Friday. I am pumped to finally perform for people. We are going to Marquette, MI for our first show. I love my scenes. The L'Italiana in Algeri scene is so cute and I love singing me some Rossini, and the Rosenkavalier is so dramatically different. I love playing a boy who really gets the woman in the end. The music is amazing, and I can acutally see myself looking at Octavian in 10 years.
Our dorm is so great! It was just newly renovated so everything is new. I have my own room with my own bathroom and fridge. I am so thankful to have my own bathroom! I am not into group bathroom situations, and honestly, I think it keeps people from fighting more. We have a kitchen on our floor that is equiped with everything anyone could need, so I haven't had to spend money for eating out or eating nasty, suspicious food.
So, all in all, PMMF has been great so far. I've learned more about myself as an actress, sung new rep. that is challenging but not unattainable, and I have made some great friends. You know life is good when you get paid to laugh, play, sing, act, and enjoy yourself. Until later....

No comments: