Thursday, November 16, 2006

Myspace blog, July 28: Well, it's official...

I have lived 3 days of my life now in my late twenties. That 's right, I can no longer say I am in my mid twenties. Why is it when we get older, our birthdays become less eventful until we hit years like 40,50,60...? I had to temp on my b-day but did get to have a nice dinner with my parents and sister. Still, there were no candles on my cake or sung Happy Birthday, so it felt like I was eating cake on any other day. Thus, the calories didn't feel worth it to me. That blows...no pun intended. I don't expect a huge party every year, but a simple sugar mound with a waxy flame would feel good, ya know. I have figured out that my 30th birthday will fall on a Saturday, so I am having some sort of celebration. Even if it is just me, Alex and my dog, I will have candles, damn it! Okay, enough complaining. Oh, and thank you to the people who wrote me a little Happy Birthday. As for the others, no big deal...I never remember people's B-day's.
I have to say 26 was a great year for me as a person and singer. I got the hell out of Bloomington, yeah, but moved into my parents house, kind of yeah. I finally became a temping/professional singer. No more school b/c I officially got my masters after giving the long awaited recital and taking the joke of a masters comp. test. I did my first gig with my husband, YEAH. Went to NY for auditions and got to stay with Jackie for 3 weeks. Did one of my dream roles, Rosina, and acutally got paid for it! Felt the ugly side of this business from a company I will not mention. Got to go to Florida on vacation to visit my sister and Alex's grandparents. Found out Alex got into Juilliard, so it is bye, bye parents, YEAH, and hello NYC. Left for Pine Mountain Music Festival. While there I, skinny dipped too much, drank my first martini, kind of enjoyed a beer, realized wine makes me a depressed alcoholic, stayed up past 1 pm every night, went to the beach almost everyday, sang a shit load of Karaoke, performed great shows, laughed so much I cried and burned major calories, did Yoga, and made some of the best friends I hope to have for a long time in my life. Basically, this year, I lived my life!
I can't wait to see what 27 bring!

No comments: