Thursday, November 16, 2006

Myspace blog, Oct. 29: Please pass the potatoes...

So, I can't believe how long it has been since I've written a blog! Well, I have been in Boise, ID for two weeks now doing Rosina in Barbiere with Opera Idaho, and it has been a blast! I have to say, there is nothing quite like getting to do a role I have already done before, again. I don't have to learn the entire role and pay tonz of money for someone to play other people's recits. with me. I just get to review some things, show up and sing. I also get to add new dramatic and vocal choices b/c I feel so comfortable with how the show is going to evolve. The cast is great. All of us, but one principle have all done the show before (no one would have known this if he hadn't told us), so we could have opened the show this weekend without a hitch! We're all getting along beautifully and have great chemistry throughout the show. Today is my day off, and tomorrow starts dress week. I love my costumes. They were rented from Utah Opera, so I don't have enough cleavage for Act I, in my opinion, but they fit perfectly and we are going to try and get some more cleave out of my Act I costume if it kills us. Honestly, though, I think the best part of my job is meeting really cool people and laughing all the time. I mean, it helps that this is a comedy...if I died, I don't think we would laugh as much in rehearsal as we do with this show. We have such a great time hanging out, going bowling, and watching our favorite TV shows. I am always so greatful for my singing gigs when I have been stuck behind a desk for a period of time. Getting paid for this kind of work is so amazing. Where else in America does a job start at 2:00 in the afternoon? Or, do you get an extra day off b/c it is so ready that the director doesn't want to over rehearse? However, on the opposite side, I hate having to leave all the cool people I have just met. You rarely get to hang out for longer than the contract, and if you like them, that kind of sucks. I just always think our paths will cross again in the future. We all know how small the opera world is...very small. :) Well, I have to run to a dinner party. Talk to y'all later. I can't wait for the performance! Buona sera!

No comments: